GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1048755259

From: "alwynne mackie" <>
Subject: Re: Tythes
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:54:19 +1100

Many thanks, Alison. The Proni text was particularly informative.
What I have seen are obviously extracted records, as they didn't have all of
the information mentioned in the accounts.
One thing still isn't clear, however - what are the numbers next to each
name or group of names? They are consequetive, so presumably relate to
location. But how is one to read them?
With thanks,
Alwynne
"Alison Causton" <> wrote in message
> On 3/26/03 6:49 PM, in article b5tofj$qn5$1@possum.melbpc.org.au, "alwynne
> mackie" <> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone explain exactly what Tythe records are, please?
>
> Suggest you refer to this page provided by the PRONI [Public Record Office
> of Northern Ireland] :
> http://www.proni.gov.uk/records/tithe.htm
>
> ...and this page at the National Archives of Ireland:
> http://www.nationalarchives.ie/titheapplprimvalu.html
>
> ac

This thread: