GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1048769241

From: "Kimberly and Tage Bjorklund" <>
Subject: Ireland to Canada 1840
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:47:21 -0500

Hello from New Hampshire,

Looking for family from Ireland John Dunbar and wife Sarah McMillan
Believe to have immigrated to Canada about 1840 with two children, John and Margaret
Settled in Peterborough Ontario for quite some time, Sarah was found listed in the 1851 censes with her children as being widowed, in Perth county ,Mornington twp. Most family members are buried at the Millbank Cemetery. Sarah is not buried with her husband John.
One child was born in Canada 1843 James which tells me John of course was still alive at that time.

This leads me to believe that John died in Peterborough and our possible in Quebec.
Would any one have any information on Passenger lists that I could look at to resolve this problem?
It may be that John died in Quebec. Having allot of troubles finding the right ship.And also a date passenger ships that came into Quebec from Ireland in that time frame.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Kimberly

This thread: