GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1048872047

From: "John Hayes" <>
Subject: Re: Our Boys go in Deep!
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:20:47 GMT

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the
Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of
empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States has sent many
of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond
our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is
enough to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.

<> wrote in message
> Yes, this time the empire builders and spreaders of world terrorism are
> lording it over the Iraqi people, just like they did the Irish.
> They're looking forward to stealing the oil as well as to using the
> native population for servants. They've been perfecting this brigandage
> all over the world for hundreds of years now, and they've finally found
> a madman as a partner who has declared his willingness to use weapons of
> mass destruction whenever convenient. They've already started dropping
> 1000 pound bombs on small Iraqi villages (in this context clearly WMDs),
> just to see the pretty colors and because they're peeved that Iragi's
> don't like their country invaded.
>
> But look out, after he's done with Iraq, Bush might well decide that the
> large number of anti-war demonstrators in London could mean Britain
> might be a future threat. The logical consequence, Britain needs a
> regime change to US martial law.
>
> Sir Crispin Gaylord wrote:
>
> > I am sure all Loyal hearts have thrilled to the news that our boys
> > have successfully penetrated deep into Iraq. In particular, our heroes
> > of the Irish Guards and Royal Irish Regiment have successfully taken
> > the oil fields in southern Iraq, ably assisted by Colonial contingents
> > from Australia and America.
> > At this rate, it won't be long before we have all the Camel Jockeys on
> > their knees!
> >
> > To be continued.
> >
> > Quis Separabit?
> >
> > Sir Crispin Gaylord, Bt.