GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1048904618

From: "Jimmy.john" <>
Subject: Re: Our Boys go in Deep!
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:53:38 +1030

Colonisation is not just taking land as spoils of war.
US has and is still doing it by means of trade and enterprise.

Already the contracts for rebuilding Iraq are up for grabs,
but it seems only for US companies!!
P & O tried and got a rebuff as Vice President Cheneys
(ex company) was to get the=he contract to run the ports.
One clause in post war Iraq setup states
(according to media last week) that Iraq MUST BUY U.S.
goods...so much for Free trade etc.

Crispin, I see that "any end justifies the means"
as far as you are concerned.
I can understand "standing behind the troops" but to
back everything that is done in the name of Humanity
and supposedly to "free" the Iraqi people, is a big ask,
especially when we all know the "politics of power"
from all parties involved in any military action inst
"sweet and squeaky clean".
Jim
--
Please remove DONTSPAMME from my address to reply.
"John Hayes" <> wrote in message
> When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was
asked by the
> Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an
example of
> empire building by George Bush.
>
> He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States
has sent many
> of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for
freedom beyond
> our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in
return is
> enough to bury those that did not return."
>
> It became very quiet in the room.
>

> <> wrote in message
> > Yes, this time the empire builders and spreaders of world
terrorism are
> > lording it over the Iraqi people, just like they did the
Irish.
> > They're looking forward to stealing the oil as well as to
using the
> > native population for servants. They've been perfecting this
brigandage
> > all over the world for hundreds of years now, and they've
finally found
> > a madman as a partner who has declared his willingness to use
weapons of
> > mass destruction whenever convenient. They've already started
dropping
> > 1000 pound bombs on small Iraqi villages (in this context
clearly WMDs),
> > just to see the pretty colors and because they're peeved that
Iragi's
> > don't like their country invaded.
> >
> > But look out, after he's done with Iraq, Bush might well
decide that the
> > large number of anti-war demonstrators in London could mean
Britain
> > might be a future threat. The logical consequence, Britain
needs a
> > regime change to US martial law.
> >
> > Sir Crispin Gaylord wrote:
> >
> > > I am sure all Loyal hearts have thrilled to the news that
our boys
> > > have successfully penetrated deep into Iraq. In particular,
our heroes
> > > of the Irish Guards and Royal Irish Regiment have
successfully taken
> > > the oil fields in southern Iraq, ably assisted by Colonial
contingents
> > > from Australia and America.
> > > At this rate, it won't be long before we have all the Camel
Jockeys on
> > > their knees!
> > >
> > > To be continued.
> > >
> > > Quis Separabit?