GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1049084882

From: "Karen Bain" <>
Subject: Michael Gorman help needed to find his Irish Family & Wife
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 05:28:02 +0100

Hi,
Does anyone out there have a connection or any information on a Michael Gorman b. 1810 or 1811 Ireland but moved to Scotland?
He lived in Greenock Scotland,and in the 1881 census he is living at 5 West Quay Lane,West Greenock.

He was born in Ireland possibly Galway,and in the 1881 census he is listed as 70 years old and Widowed.He was at that time a retired stock broker.

He had daughters Ann Gorman,and Mary Gorman listed in 1881 census as 32 and 29 respectively.
I have no idea at this time who his wife is and would love to know.It has been difficult tracing them as I do not know at which point they left Irealnd but both daughter were born in Greenock,so I presume they left after 1848.All help very appreciated.Thanks to all on list.

Best regards,

Karen

This thread: