GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1049136615

From: "Steven Smyrl" <>
Subject: Re: Geath recotds in the General Records Office In Dublin
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:50:15 +0100

Following on from Dennis, the short answer is yes - but the longer answer is
that no indexes have been made available to the public since 1995 (for the
period after that year)! And this is despite many questions being asked in
both houses of the Oireachtas (Parliament).

Hope this helps,

Steven Smyrl MAPGI

"Peter Leakey" <> wrote in message
> Can anyone please tell me if The General Records Office in Dublin holds
> records of all deaths in The Irish Republic from 1960.
> If not where are these records held
> Also would they carry out a paid search , or must all searches be done
> personally
>
> Many thanks
> Peter
>

> --