GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1049146686

From: (Tom Gallen)
Subject: O'Clery Book of Genealogies
Date: 31 Mar 2003 13:38:06 -0800

I'm looking for a translation of the following passage from the
O'Clery book pertaining to my surname (Gaillin). It appears to be
written in both Irish and Latin. I'm trying to find out how my sept
(h. Gaillin or O'Gallen) is related to the other names preceeding it
like Diarmait and Feidlimid. The passage is:

693. Da mac la Feidlimid .i. da Diarmait .i. Diarmait mongach
et Diarmait ri carrge Brachaide. O Diarmait ri cairrcce
Brachaidhe
ata cenel mBaetalaigh et .h. Cainnide et .h. Luit et .h. Cernaigh
et .h.
Dubhthachain et .h. Gaillin et .h. Eimin dibaid acht beg; et as
on
Diarmait cetna atait clann Cuanach atuaidh et andes.

Also, what does the number mean? I hope some kind soul out there can
help me.

This thread: