GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-11 > 1069094144

From: "Is Mise Gan Ainm" <>
Subject: Re: Nice maps here
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:35:44 GMT

What Dennis wrote makes good sense. Whilst Limerick is a
busy city, it has good wide roads, on the other hand Ennis
is a small market town with narrow roads. The thing to be
watchful for is cars crossing your path to get to a parking
spot on the opposite side of the street. To my knowledge
there is no by-law against parking on any side of the street
contrary to the designated direction.

Anyway, most of the road from Shannon to the city is dual
carriage way, and at 6 or 7 a.m. ( usual arrival times)
traffic won't be that busy.

"Dennis Ahern" <> wrote in message
> jbarnes <> wrote:
>
> : I used it today to look at Limerick. We have a car
reserved for us in late
> : March at Shannon. I'm trying to decide if I should
drive through Limerick
> : on the first day, having never driven on the left side
of the road. My
> : Irish friends here in Florida tell me to stay around
Shannon for a couple of
> : days before attempting a large city. One suggestion was
to go to Ennis, it
> : being a smaller town.
>
> The first time I ever had to drive "on the left" we
picked up a rental
> car near Victoria Station in London and headed out of town
in the moddle
> of rush hour. Contrary to your friends' suggestion, it's
probably easier
> driving in traffic because you can't help but tell where
you're supposed
> to be as opposed to hitting the open road where there may
not be the
> visual clues to keep you in the right, err, let me
rephrase that, correct
> lane.
>
> -dja

---