GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2008-11 > 1225648848

Subject: Another surname question
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 18:00:48 +0000

Hello,

Once again, I thank this group for helping me on my Dillon ancestor. I have another surname question. I finally located the death certificates for 4 of Michael and Mary Dillon's children one of which is my gr-grandmother Cornellia Ellen Dillon Michalek. Anyway, on three of the death certs the Mary's maiden name is shown as Tinsley and the other it is shown as Tensley. I also found birth information on three of the daughters and Mary's maiden name is also shown as Tinsley with Kinsley in parenthese. But on my gr-grandmother's marriage register, Mary's maiden name is shown as Cannaught. Then there is an old picture that has Aunt Alice Tinsley Murphy on it from county Tiperary Ireland about 1837 and who died around 1900 at Redbud, IL.

My searches have not turned up a Tinsely, Tensley, or Kinsley. Does anyone know where I can locate the origin of this surname.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Blessings,
Mary

This thread: