GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2009-09 > 1253203346

Subject: Re: new cemeteries online in Australia
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:02:26 -0700 (PDT)

On 17 Sep, 05:30, "Cemetery Lady" <> wrote:
> http://www.blackwall.info/
>
> please test and give feedback

Tested OK on Firefox 3.5.3 (where the cemeteries open in new tabs) and
IE 6.0 (cemeteries open in new windows).

A search for John Smith at Holy Trinity (Spencer) Cemetery says "No
results for your search" next to the picture showing the result! The
same search at St Paul's doesn't do this (but the DoD is missing for
John Ratcliffe Smithard).

The Homepage button is a bit mystifying, as it takes you to the home
page for the cemetery you're looking at, not the home page of the
whole site, which there seems to be no way to return to. Maybe you
should have separate "Cemetery Home" and "Site Home" buttons. OTOH
maybe you don't need the latter as it's on a separate window/tab
anyway.

As a matter of interest, how long did it take to do how many stones/
individuals? I have 7,000 graves and 100,000 individuals at my
"local", much of it very overgrown.

Chris

This thread: