GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2005-10 > 1129407076

From: "Ruth Curtis" <>
Subject: RE: [GLA] 1901 Census - The Moors, Cardiff
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 05:41:16 +0930

Hi Jeff

Thank you so much for the map and all the information about the East Moors
area - all the personal involvement anecdotes are always appreciated.

I am so glad that you followed the 1958 Empire Games Marathon and bought
that map - this is not the first time that you have come to my aid.

I remember Portmanmoor Road but not any of the other streets along there - I
always understood it to be a bit "down-market". My mother certainly looked
down her nose at that part of Splott - perhaps she didn't know that's where
her parents started their married life.

Regards

Ruth Curtis
Adelaide, South Australia

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Norton AntiVirus 2005