GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2009-08 > 1249836835

From: "ken barry" <>
Subject: [GLA] Parish boundaries in Rhondda valley.
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 17:53:55 +0100

Hi list members,

Did any of you reach grade 'A' at geography?
a.. Can anyone tell me, precisely, the parish boundary between Llanwonno and Llantrisant in the mid 1800s? Did it coincide with the centreline of the river?
I am fairly sure my search subject family, MORGAN, had members residing on both sides, but very close to the boundary line.
a.. Would it have been obligatory, then, to register vital events within your own parish, or could an informant choose the more convenient place, even if it was in the neighbouring parish?

I have presumed that Hafod and Trehafod are the same place, possibly at different periods.
a.. So, are Graigwen, Pantygraigwen and Pengraigwen, similarly, the same place? (all from parish record transcripts.)

Thanks, in anticipation.
Ken.

This thread: