GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2009-08 > 1249988090

From: "Jeff Coleman" <>
Subject: Re: [GLA] Cade Stoney Parr, Glamorgan
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:54:50 +0100

Baptisms in Cadoxton-juxta-Barry that may be relevant

MILWARD,Edward, son of John and Joan MILWARD 11May1807
MILWARD,Anne,daughter of John MILWARD and Cecelia JAMES 25Sep1803
Illegitimate
MILWARD,George son of John and Joan MILWARD 12May1811
MILWARD,Joan daughter of John and Joan, 23Jul1826
MILWARD,Thomas,son of John and Jane [sic] 22Sep1822 'of Cadoxton'
MILWARD,Taliasin,son of Edward MILWARD (servant) and Anne JENKINS 19Sep1828

There were also a series of baptisms of children of Henry MILWARD and Mary

There will quite possibly be more detail in the indexes and in the original
registers.

I have the impression that MILWARD and MILLWARD families may have varied the
spelling over time. There seem to have been a number of families of these
names around the Vale of Glamorgan, for example in Wenvoe parish not far
from Cadoxton.

Jeff