GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2009-08 > 1250111334

From: "Gareth" <>
Subject: Re: [GLA] Adoptions
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:08:54 +0100

Lyn is quite correct, 1927 is the date that a system of legal adoption was
introduced for first time in the UK.
The word itself had been loosely used for the status of guardianship and
foster parenthood previously.

A bit more background on my Help Page
http://home.clara.net/tirbach/hicks3.html#Adoption

Gareth