GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2009-08 > 1250258849

From: "Peter.thomas" <>
Subject: [GLA] Cause of death 1892, Glycorrwg
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:07:29 +0100

Due in no small part to the help provided via the Glam List, I’ve
managed to locate a number of children of Joseph & Margaret Mitchell.
The 1901 census for Glyncorrwg confirms the names.

Among the many children the marriage produced was;

Adelaide Mitchel, birth registered June qtr 1888 11a6?5
Handel Mitchel, birth registered June qtr 1890 11a751

FreeBMD shows the death registrations of

Adelaide Mitchel, death registered March qtr 1892 11a556, aged 4yrs
Handel Mitchel, death registered March qtr 1892 11a556, aged 1yr

It also shows;

Idris Mitchel, birth registered June qtr 1891 11a834
Idris Mitchell, death registered March qtr 1892 11a555, aged 0yrs

Idris may well be one of James and Margaret’s children as his birth fits
into a convenient gap in the sequence of family births; however that is
to be confirmed.

My question is this – is anyone aware of any sort of epidemic in the
Glyncorrwg area in the first three months of 1892? It looks as though
Adelaide and Handel died at the same time and possibly Idris also. I’ve
had a look at the Cambrian On-line but can find no reference to any
epidemic.

Any info or suggestions as to what may have happened to Adelaide &
Handel (and possibly Idris) would be much appreciated.

--
Cheers

Peter
Neath