GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2009-08 > 1250768965

From: "Heather Smith" <>
Subject: [GLA] Missing from 1911 Census (Evans & Rees)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:49:25 +0100

Hi List

I too have waited for the 1911 census only to find that my family is not on
it! I know that my father was in Abercanaid near Merthyr Tydfil he spent all
his childhood and teens there. Born at St Catherine Square 7 September 1908.
Also all his siblings are missing too.

Parents Richard & Mary Evans both born in 1878.

David born 9 November 1902 Vanguard Inn Merthyr Tydfil

All below born at St Catherine Square Abercanaid

Willie Daniel born 27 July 1901
Mary born 29 January 1904
Rhoda Ann born 15 July 1906
Glyndur Richard Evans born 1915 at the Gethin Arms Abercanaid where Richard
& Mary kept the pub.

Also missing is a great aunt Dinah Evans who was 20 years old when she
married a John Rees aged 24 years at Merthyr Tydfil Register Office on 4
August 1901. Dinah Evans was born in Abercanaid the family say that the
couple moved to the Rhondda later and had two sons. A complete waste of
money only Richard Evans parents are showing Richard & Rhoda Evans again in
Abercanaid.

Regards

Heather

This thread: