GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2009-08 > 1250978468

From: Gael Phillips <>
Subject: [GLA] re Genuki Wales and Morgan family
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 08:01:08 +1000

Dear Gareth, John and Vic
Thank you very much for all your hard work on these pages which are so
beneficial to all of us. There should be some official recognition of
your work.

The internet has changed my life immeasurably for the better. I would
also like to thank Jeff Coleman of the Glamorgan List and Bryan
Richards for his Swansea Mariners site to name only two of many who
also deserve medals for their hard work.

I would like to ask if there is anyone out there who is descended from
William MORGAN, who was born in 1809 in Phillack, Cornwall,but who
became the Manager of the Hafod Copper Works. He married my
great-great-great-aunt, Elizabeth Bath LEWIS, who was born in Cornwall
in 1812. Their children were born in Swansea and included William
MORGAN, born circa 1840 in Swansea and Bernard Hermann MORGAN, born
circa 1847 in Swansea. Elizabeth Bath LEWIS was the daughter of Captain
John LEWIS and Joanna or Johanna LEWIS, nee PADDY. Joanna's sister
Elizabeth PADDY, married Henry BATH in Cornwall in 1796. This Henry
BATH of Henry Bath and Sons, the Swansea shipowners, died in 1844.
Bernard Hermann MORGAN was an assayer.

Best wishes

Gael in Oz

This thread: