GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2009-08 > 1251022740

From: "Jeff Coleman" <>
Subject: Re: [GLA] Edward WILLIAMS[Iolo MORGANWG] Llancarfan,SEYS of Boverton
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:19:00 +0100

Wenllian is the form of the common Welsh name Gwenllian that you would get
if it were mutated, for example after a preposition. If they married in
England she might show up as Gwendoline or some other version of the name.
Spelling might vary a little in the surname if marrying out of area, though
it would have been well-known locally.

If you are a member of Glamorgan Family History Society you can ask for a
lookup in the Marriages database.

However as the SEYS family were gentry and Richard was a a barrister he may
have married outside Glamorgan.
I assume you have seen http://www.glamorganfamilyhistory.co.uk/ALUMNOX.html
and other references on Bob Sanders web site to Richard SEYS and his family.

See also http://www.llantwitmajorhistory.org.uk/people.html

and http://www.iolomorganwg.wales.ac.uk/bro-trebefered.php about Iolo and
his mother.

Jeff