GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2009-08 > 1251322570

From: "ken barry" <>
Subject: Re: [GLA] 1871 Glamorgan Census image
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:36:10 +0100

Many thanks for the info. It confirms my guesswork, (assumptions).

I've just been on to I.G.I. database, looking for Idris (on the basis that his was an easier name to track) and I found him on the 1881 Census, RG11/5306/50/26, at 107, Miskin Rd., Ystradyfodwg.
That township is where the Morgan family were residing in 1871!

His mother, Elizabeth has married a second time (suggesting that Morgan Morgan has died) and her new spouse was Edmund Davies, reg'd June 1876, Pontypridd 11a. p.509.
Four of her children are listed as step-children, but ...... Gwen A. Morgan 14, female, has become 'Gwillim' Morgan 14, now 'male'. Mary J. Morgan 13 is confirmed correct.
Amelia is no longer listed. Evan 18 is missing, also.

I wish I could view an image of the original enumerator's return, but "TheGenealogist.com" doesn't have it available. It seems all are prone to glitches in the transcriptions.

Interestingly, Elizabeth's birthplace is recorded as 'Pencodi', Glamorgan. Can I take it that that is another version of Pencoed, near Coychurch?

Thanks again,
Ken B.

This thread: