GREEN-L Archives

Archiver > GREEN > 1999-06 > 0928268000

From: "Jo Orvik" <>
Subject: Re: [GREEN-L] Abednego GREEN, 1780s NC
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 15:13:20 -0500

Hi Shirley,
The only Abednego Greens that show up on some Census Indexes
on a library online that I subscribe to are as follows:
Green, Abednego SC PENDLETON DIST. (Pg) 1 (Census Yr.)
1800 00101-0000101
Green, Abednego SC PENDLETON DIST. (Pg) 2 1800
00100-0010000
Green, Abednego, Jr. SC PENDLETON DIST. (Pg) 1 1800
01000-0010000
Green, Abednego AL TUSCALOOSA CO. DISTRICT 1 184 1850
Green, Abednego MD SOMERSET CO. POTATO NECK DIST. 065 1860
There was no Robert(Robbin) Green on these pages.
The only Robbin Green (also a Robert Green was on these
pages:
Green, Robbin VA POWHATAN CO. MACON TWP 512 1870
Green, Hannah VA POWHATAN CO. MACON TWP 512 1870
Green, Phillip VA POWHATAN CO. MACON TWP 512 1870
and
Green, Robert VA POWHATAN CO. MACON TWP 496 1870
Green, Albert VA POWHATAN CO. MACON TWP 496 1870
Green, L. A. VA POWHATAN CO. MACON TWP 496 1870

On the 1850 Census which has some states now online on one
of the libraries I subscribe to there were numerous Robert
Greens for NC. However, the Robert in Rutherford Co. in I
think Piney Mountains Township was Robert Green age 37 (I
believe- it was hard to read) a farmer, real estate worth
400.00, born in NC. His wife was Mary, age 33. Sons, Samuel
age 14, William age 10, daughter Mary age 6, and son Noah,
age 3. I don't know if this is the family you were looking
for. There were other Greens on the same page if you want
them let me know.
There's two submissions on Ancestry.com for Abednego Green.
You could
try contacting the submitters to compare notes.
This info may give you some ideas where to look.
Good Luck,
Jo

>Are there any Abednego GREEN researchers out there?

This thread: