KENTUCKY-L Archives

Archiver > KENTUCKY > 2000-07 > 0963639536

From: "Nelda Percival" <>
Subject: [KY] KY SURNAMES A-B
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 22:38:56 PDT

Hi Listers,
KY:These are people who are in my Surname Lineage or colaterial lines. If
any of them match yours please email me. I would like to exchange info. I
do place all my finds on line I would like to use the name of who ever gives
me info as a point of contact for the research...if they agree...Thank you
Nelda

Adams, Ann, Daughter of Johnathan (John) Adams & Elizabeth (Betsy) Gillock.
Born About 1866. She married George R. Moran. Born 25 May 1833.

Adams, Elizabeth Daughter of Johnathan (John) Adams & Elizabeth (Betsy)
Gillock. Born 1819 in KY.

Adams, Jane Daughter of Johnathan (John) Adams & Elizabeth (Betsy) Gillock.
Born About 1821 in KY.

Adams, John (Jr.)(II) Son of Johnathan (John) Adams & Elizabeth (Betsy)
Gillock. Born About 1823 in Ky.

Adams, Johnathan Son of Johnathan (John) Adams & Elizabeth (Betsy) Gillock.
Born About 1823 in KY.

Adams, Johnathan (John)(I), spouse of Elizabeth (Betsy) Gillock. Daughter of
Lawrence (II) Gillock & Betsy Twentyman. He was born About 1793 in Va/KY.
Died Before 26 May 1868 in Barren Co, KY. They were married 14 Sep 1810 in
Barren Co., KY by Jacob Lock, permission and witness by Lawrence Gillock.
Marriage records Barren Co. KY First Fifty years 1799-1849, by Martha Powell
Reneau-Harrison.

Adams, Matilda Daughter of Johnathan (John) Adams & Elizabeth(Betsy)
Gillock. Born 29 Jun 1811 in KY. Died 21 Jul 1863 in KY. She married Charles
Johnston , 7 Mar 1837 in Barren Co., KY. Born 8 Nov 1808 in Barren Co, KY.
Died 11 May 1854 in Monroe Co., KY. Consent for marriage was given by John &
Elizabeth Adams, witness Lawrence Gillock. Barren Co.Marriages 1799-1900.
also from a Bible in possion of Sara Reed

Adams, Susan Daughter of Johnathan (John) Adams & Elizabeth (Betsy)
Gillock. Born About 1829 in KY.
Adams, William Son of Johnathan (John) Adams & Elizabeth(Betsy) Gillock.
Born About 1832 in KY.

Adams, William Son of Johnathan (John) Adams & Elizabeth (Betsy) Gillock.
Born About 1832 in KY.

Allee, David Spouse of Charity Bybee, Daughter of John Bybee & Elizabeth
(Betsy) McCann. Born 1766 in Albemarle, VA. She married David Allee, 12 Apr
1786 in Barren Co., KY. Born About 1760 in Barren Co., KY.

Allee, Elizabeth 2nd spouse of John (II) Bybee, Son of John Bybee (I) &
Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann. Born 1766/1770 in Monroe, KY. Died 21 May 1819 in
Monroe, KY. Buried May 1819 in Barren, VA/KY. He first married Elizabeth
(Betsy) Kelly, daughter of William Kelly & Mary Byram, 21 May 1791 in
Franklin, VA. Born 1771 in Franklin, VA. Died After 1819. He second married
Elizabeth Allee, 6 May 1791 in Monroe, KY. Born About 1770 in Monroe, KY.

Allee, Mildred 2nd spouse of Neil McCann Bybee. Son of John Bybee (I) &
Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann. Born 1769 in Fluvanna, VA. Died 1845 in Glasgo,
Barren Co., KY. He first married Mary Evans, 16 Sep 1792 in Barren Co., KY.
He second married Mildred Allee, in Barren, Co., KY. He third married Anna
Perkins.

Allee, William Spouse of Susan Bybee. Daughter of John Bybee (I) & Elizabeth
(Betsy) McCann. Born 1782 in Franklin, VA. Died 28 Aug 1852. She married
William Allee, 10 Nov 1802 in Franklin, VA. Born About 1780 in Franklin, VA.

Anderson, Catherine L. Born 6 May 1838 in Hancock Co., IN. Died 22 Apr 1853
in Knox Co., ILL. Buried in Van Gilder Cem., Knox twp, Knox Co., ILL. 1st
spouse of Lindsay G Conley Son of Levi Preston Conley & Jane L Gillock. He
was born 16 Jun 1827 in Glassgow, Barren Co., KY. Died 13 Feb 1899. They
married 15 Jan 1851 in Knox Co., ILL.

Baker, Joseph 1st spouse of Polly Gillock. Daughter of Lawrence (II) Gillock
& Betsy Twentyman they were married by Ralph Petty; consent by Lawrence
Gillock(II)on married 7 Sep 1813 in Barren Co., KY.

Barbour, Ann daughter of Edward Barbour & Jane Williamson, Born About 1823
in KY. Died 17 Aug 1856 in Barren Co. KY. 1st spouse of Albert G. Gillock.
Son of James Gillock & Celia Hunt. Born Circa 1816 in KY. They were married
25 Apr 1839 in Barren Co. KY.

Barbour, Edward Born 6 Mar 1770 in Orange Co., VA. Died 1854 in Barren Co,
KY. He married Jane Williamson, in Muhlenberg Co., Va. Born 5 Apr 1783 in
Mecklenburg, VA

Barker, John F.T. 1st spouse of Virginia Frances Gillock. Daughter of Nimrod
Gillock & Eliza Gates. Born 30 Jan 1843 in IN. they married on 26 Dec 1865
in Green Co., IN.

Barlow, Elizabeth Born 1808 in VA. Died 1850 in died aft. 1850 census.
married 15 Aug 1825 in Jessamine Co., KY. to John G Gillock. Son of Samuel
Lindsay Gillock & First name unk Last name unk. Born 1793 in VA. Died 2 Oct
1858/1859 in Barren Co., KY. Buried in Old James Gillock Family Burying
Ground, Barren Co.KY. Barren Co., KY. death records shows 1803 as birth
date. 1850 Census, Barren Co., KY Div 2 House 105 Family 109

Barrett, Sarah H. (Sallie), daughter of Thomas Barrett & Susanna Maiden name
unk. Born About 1832 married Samuel L. Gillock. Son of John G Gillock &
Elizabeth Barlow. Born About 1833 in KY. They married on 20 Jan 1854 in
Barren Co., KY

Barrett, Susanna (maiden nameunk)- 1451, spouse of 1

Beckman, Catherine 3rd wife of James Milton (Sr.) Gillock. Son of James
Gillock & Celia Hunt. Born Circa 1810 in Barren Co., KY.

Beeton, Pearl wife of Rossie Freeman Gillock. Son of John Jacob Gillock &
Rebecca G. Motherspaugh. Born 1886.

Benton, Annie Daughter of Jesse Y. Benton & Betty B. Johnston. Born Apr 1887
in TX (via 1900 census). She married Al Strickland

Benton, Cora Daughter of Jesse Y. Benton & Betty B. Johnston. Born Sep 1893
in TX. She married First name Odom??? Last name Odom???

Benton, Jesse Y. Born 20 Nov 1858 in TX. Died 20 Mar 1925 in TX. Religion
src: Bible/Sara Reed. Spouse Betty B. Johnston. Daughter of William Lemuel
Johnston & Cynthia Ann Lee. Born 20 Jul 1858 in Barren Co., KY. Died 15 Mar
1945 in TX. Religion SRC: Bible/Sara Reed. They were married on 14 Nov 1877
in TX.

Benton, Johnnie Son of Jesse Y. Benton & Betty B. Johnston. Born Jul 1888.

Benton, Lockie Son of Jesse Y. Benton & Betty B. Johnston. Born in TX.

Benton, Willie Son of Jesse Y. Benton & Betty B. Johnston. Born Jul 1889.
Biggs, Salinda She was born 1835 in KY or MO.Spouse of Thomas J. Love, Son
of Jeremiah (Jerry) Dungan Sr. Love & Elizabeth McCray. He was born 1830 in
TN. Died in MO. He married Salinda Biggs, 8 Oct in Lawrence Co., MO.

Blum, Eva Elizabeth daughter of C.S. Blum. Spouse of Albert Fite Gillock.
Son of James (Jim) White Gillock & Ladye Elizabeth Yeargin. Born 19 Nov 1914
in Nashville, Davidson Co., Tn. Died 14 Apr 1991 in San Leandro, CA.
Occupation US Army WW II. They married 4 Apr 1946 in Alameda, CA.

Bush, Ann daughter of Walter (I) and Cynthia Ann last name unk. Birth info.
Unk.

Bush, Catherine daughter of Walter (I) and Cynthia Ann last name unk. Birth
info. Unk.

Bush, Elizabeth daughter of Walter (I) and Cynthia Ann last name unk. Birth
info. Unk.

Bush, Ezekiah Son of Walter (I) and Cynthia Ann last name unk. Birth info.
Unk.

Bush, Martha Ann daughter of Walter Bush & Cynthia Ann last name unk. Born
About 1817 in KY. Died 27 Oct 1855 in Barren Co., KY. She married James
Milton (Sr.) Gillock. Son of James Gillock & Celia Hunt. Born Circa 1810 in
Barren Co., KY. They married on 19 Nov 1833 in Barren Co., KY. She is the
first spouse of three

Bush, Mary Virginia daughter of Walter (I) and Cynthia Ann last name unk.
Birth info. Unk.

Bush, Walter (II) Son of Walter (I) and Cynthia Ann last name unk. Birth
info. Unk.

Bush, Walter (I) He married Cynthia Ann last name unk. Listing of children
from Will 14 Jan 1834 probate Feb 1834. Source Barren Co., KY Will Book 3
page 71.

Button, Martin L. Spouse of Sarah A. Gillock. Daughter of James Milton
(Sr.)Gillock & Martha Ann Bush. Born 1835 in KY. They married on 22 Sep 1851
in Barren Co., KY.

Button, Sarah Ella Spouse of Hezikiah Page (Sr.) Gillock. Son of James
Milton (Sr.)Gillock & Martha Ann Bush. Born 15 Aug 1845 in Rocky Hill,
Barren Co., KY. Died 24 Aug 1899. Buried in Page Cemetery, Barren Co., KY.
Occupation He was in the 6th Kentucky Infantry Co., during the Civil War.
They married on 27 Jan 1869 in Barren Co., KY.

Bybee, Allen Son of John Bybee & Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann. Born 1765 in
Albemarle, VA. He married Sarah Likens (Lukens), 13 Mar 1786 in Barren Co.,
KY.

Bybee, Ann Daughter of John Bybee (I) & Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann. Born 1774
in Fluvanna, VA. Died 1846 in MO. She married Joe Dennis, 22 Dec 1792 in
Botetourt, VA. Born 1770 in Fluvanna, VA.

Bybee, Charity Daughter of John Bybee & Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann. Born 1766
in Albemarle, VA. She married David Allee, 12 Apr 1786 in Barren Co., KY.
Born About 1760 in Barren Co., KY.

Bybee, Cornelius (Neilly) Son of John Bybee & Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann. Born
1763 in Fluvanna Co., Va. Died Nov 1841 in Sante, MO. He first married Mary
Lee Norman, 1784 in Culpepper Co., VA. Born 1763 in Culpepper Co., VA. He
second married Mildred Wright - 2193, 21 Aug 1837 in Monroe, MO. Born 1816
in Monroe, MO.

Bybee, Elizabeth (Betsy) Daughter of John Bybee & Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann.
Born 1764 in Franklin, Va. She married John Kelly, son of William Kelly &
Mary Byram, 10 Feb 1871 in Henry Co., VA. Born 1761 in Franklin, VA.

Bybee, Elizabeth (Polly) daughter of John Bybee & Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann
Born 1773 in Fluvanna, VA. She is the 2nd spouse of Lawrence (II) Gillock.
Son of Lawrence (S.?) Gillock & Jane (Lindsay) last name unk for sure. He
was born About 1765 in Orange Co., VA. Died Before 20 Jun 1827 in Barren
Co., KY. Occupation will probated Barren Co, KY. Religion They were married
on 17 May 1826 in Barren Co., KY. Barren Co., KY 1870 census has Polly as
living with daughter Sarah J at age 97 in 1870.

Bybee, Frank this man is listed in pictures that my grand mother Nellie
Esther DeSoto (Bonstein) nee Gillock had for years and were inherited by my
sister, who shared them with me for posting in my picture section. He was in
school in Pawnee, Ok in the early 1900s along with members of the Gillock
family. If you know him please contact me. Nelda

Bybee, John (I) Born 1739 in Warren, KY or VA. Christen 1763 in Fluvanne,
Va. Died 1821 in Barren Co., Ky. He married Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann, 1763
in Fluvanna, VA. Born 1737 in Fluvanna Co., VA. Died 1784 in Augusta Co.,
VA.
Bybee, John (II) Son of John Bybee (I) & Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann. Born
1766/1770 in Monroe, KY. Died 21 May 1819 in Monroe, KY. Buried May 1819 in
Barren, VA/KY. He first married Elizabeth (Betsy) Kelly, daughter of William
Kelly & Mary Byram, 21 May 1791 in Franklin, VA. Born 1771 in Franklin, VA.
Died After 1819. He second married Elizabeth Allee, 6 May 1791 in Monroe,
KY. Born About 1770 in Monroe, KY.

Bybee, Lee Allen Son of John Bybee & Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann. Born 14 Mar
1780 in Glasgo, Barren Co., KY. Christen 1 Jan 1781 in VA. Died 28 Jan 1852
in Ogden, Weber, UT. Buried Jan 1852 in Ogden Cemetery Ogden, UT.
He first married Jerusha Jane Atkinson, 1800. Born About 1775. He second
married Leanna Melton, 7 Feb 1846. He third married Leanna (Lenore)
McIntosh.

Bybee, Neil McCann Son of John Bybee (I) & Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann. Born
1769 in Fluvanna, VA. Died 1845 in Glasgow, Barren Co., KY. He first married
Mary Evans, 16 Sep 1792 in Barren Co., KY. He second married Mildred Allee,
in Barren, Co., KY. He third married Anna Perkins.

Bybee, Sherrod Son of John Bybee (I) & Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann. Born 1778
in Fluvanna, VA. Died 28 Aug 1862 in Warren Co., TN. He married Jemima
(Memima) Mackey, 26 Feb 1803 in Barren Co., KY. Born 1782 in Barren Co., KY.

Bybee, Susan Daughter of John Bybee - 2189 & Elizabeth (Betsy) McCann -
2190. Born 1782 in Franklin, VA. Died 28 Aug 1852. She married William Allee
- 2218, 10 Nov 1802 in Franklin, VA. Born About 1780 in Franklin, VA.

Byram, Mary - 2197, spouse of 1

Byrd, Deliah 1st spouse of Thomas Morgan Gillock. Son of Robert Gillock &
Nancy Burruss. He was born 1818. Died 1885.

MY personal lineage:
Lulled in the countless chambers of the brain, our thoughts are linked by
many a hidden chain; awake but one, and lo what myriads rise!- Pope "Awaken
yours" Researching: Gilpin, Cupp, Howe, Dorrell, Bates, Bonstein, Gillock,
Lewis, Lett, Schnable, Watson, Gates, Fetzer, Lindsay