KYCLAY-L Archives

Archiver > KYCLAY > 2005-09 > 1126535988

From: "Hildegard Hendrickson" <>
Subject: RE: [KYCLAY] Asher Family
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:39:48 -0700

At this time, our ASHER researchers who research the time before 1800, only
agree that William "Captain Billy" Asher 1742-1792 (service in Revol. War
has been accepted by DAR) who married Peggy Blevins are "our" Dillion
Asher's parents. Another researcher, L. Cornwall, has reported different
ancestors for William Asher & Peggy Blevins, which our researchers have not
proven or disproven. In the late 1600's and early 1700's two Asher families
lived in the James River and Tappahonnock areas of VA who used many of the
same first names for their children. Land records, etc, will have to be used
to make a definite genealogy.
William Asher & Peggy Blevins Asher lived in (today's TN) where William
Asher in 1792 drowned in the Holston River chasing a deer.
Their Children (We don't have data on all of them)
Robertson Asher 1766-1828 died Bond Co IL
John Asher 1767-1831 died in Anderson Co TN
Married Emilia (Milly).......
Annie Asher 1769 married ______Bunch
William Asher 1770-1840 died in MO; married Susannah ........
Josiah Asher 1771-1826 died in Bourbon Co KY; marr Rebecca Kennedy
Martin Asher 1773-1838 died in Anderson Co TN; married Rachael ......
James Blevins Asher 1775
Dillion Asher 1777-1844 died in Clay Co KY (had 27 children with 4 women --
His wife Nancy Davis & her sister Sally Davis
Two Collett sisters: Sarah and Elizabeth
(Mary) Polly Asher 1783-1858
(Sarah) Sally Asher 1788 marr Samuel Lane
Peggy (Margaret) Asher 1788 marr Pressly McLemore
Susan Asher or Warman Asher 1790 -- assumed to be the youngest child

Every year, the first full weekend in October (this year Oct 7 & 8, 2005)
there is an Asher Reunion at Red Bird, Clay Co KY by Dillion Asher's cabin
which has been declared a Kentucky Landmark. For the 2004 ASHER REUNION we
printed the over 35,000 names of Dillion Asher descendents and spouses in
our database in separate books according to the mothers of Dillion Asher's
children. The also is a 2002 edition of a book listing the descendents and
spouses of Robertson Asher and John Asher. All books are called
"work-in-progress" since additional names (when checked out) are added to
the database.

Hildegard Hendrickson
Dillion Asher Researcher