KYHARLAN-L Archives

Archiver > KYHARLAN > 2000-05 > 0959219218

From: Dorothy Cornett <>
Subject: Re: [KYHARLAN-L] Creech/Lewis
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 21:46:58 -0400

Marsil Creech wrote:

> Hi John,
> My records show Henry B. Creech married to Elizabeth Lewis.
> Henry was son of Enoch Creech and Susanna Blair. Elizabeth I show as dau of
> Jonathan Lewis and wife Asaritta.

> These are the children I show for Henry B. and Elizabeth Lewis Creech.
>
> Child 1: Jonathan L. Creech #10982 ca 1857
> Child 2: John W. Creech #10983 ca 1869
> Child 3: Mary Creech #10985 9 Jan 1865
> Child 4: Martha Creech #10986 ca. 1867
> Child 5: Joseph H. Creech #11356 12 May 1878
> Child 6: James David Creech #18068 1871
> Child 7: Nancy Catherine Creech #18069 1875
>
> I have further info on this couple and their parents. Let me just what you
> need.
> Marsil in NM

Marsil,
Elizabeth Lewis, daughter of Jonathan S Lewis and his 1st Wife
Mary Cornett, was born 27 May 1840.
Jonathan S Lewis was born 14 Jan 1815, Knox Co. Ky.
and died 9 Apr 1892 at Dione, Harlan Co, Ky
Buried in Parker Cemetery, Sandhill, Harlan Co,Ky
First Wife, Married 19 Dec 1835 , Mary Cornett (Parents unknown)
born 14 Nov 1818, (place unk), died 9 Dec 1843,(Place unk)
First child born 26 Apr 1838 (No other imformation, presumed
born dead). Elizabeth Lewis, born 27 May 1840.in Kentucky.
( Elizabeth Lewis, 3 yrs of age at death of mother).
2nd Wife, Jonathan S Lewis married Atha Ritter Polley, 22 Feb 1844
in Letcher Co, Ky. Atha was born 16 Apr 1826 in Perry Co, Ky.
died 12 Oct 1899 at Dione, Harlan Co, Ky. Buried, Parker Cemetery.
One Child, Nancy Lewis born 13 Jan 1845 and died 14 Jan 1845.
(Atha Ritter Lewis remained childless, but raised Elizabeth)
The Above imformation was taken from the old bible of Jonathan Lewis.
which was passed down to Elizabeth Lewis Creech and became the
old bible of Henry B and Elizabeth Lewis Creech. It was passed down
to Grandson Edward Walter Creech, My grandfather.
(Also Cemetery and Court Records.)

Elizabeth Lewis, Married Henry B Creech, son of Enoch and Susannah
Blair Creech, 28 May 1854, in Harlan Co,Ky Henry was born
16 Aug 1835 in Harlan Co, Ky
Children;
1 Jonathan Lewis Creech Born 16 Dec 1856
Md Mary "Polly" Smith, 19 May 1873
2 John W. Creech Born 20 Sept 1861
Md Sarah Jane Creech
3 Mary Ann Creech Born 19 Jan 1865
Md Samuel Sawyer Lewis
4 Martha Ritter Creech Born 2 Nov 1867
Md William Ervin Cornett, 22 Jun 1893
5 James David Creech Born 5 Aug 1871
Died 12 Jan 1884 (From the bible)
6 Nancy Catherine Creech Born 28 Feb 1875
Md Joseph Cornett 28 Sept 1893
7 Joseph Alexander Creech Born 6 Jun 1879
Md Hannah Cornett 28 Sept 1893
Note: William Ervin, Joseph, and Hannah Cornett were
brothers and sister, children of John Baxter Cornett,
Est. post office at Baxter, Harlan Co, Ky.
Names of children and birth dates taken from the old bible
8 Elizabeth " Bettie" Creech Born 12 Jun 1880
Md Silas Woodson Lewis 6 May 1897
Note Elizabeth was not listed in the bible. Bettie told my
mother herself.

Best Regards,
Dot

This thread: