KYKNOX-L Archives

Archiver > KYKNOX > 2001-01 > 0978890163

From: <>
Subject: [KYKNOX] Fwd: MEADORS/LAWSON
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:56:03 EST

--part1_67.e0821aa.278a07b3_boundary

In a message dated 1/7/01 12:45:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, TBCTREE writes:

> Maude MEADORS [dau. of John & Mahala Jane BLAKELY-MEADORS]
> b. 6 Mar 1887 in Mahan, Whitley Co., KY
> d. 6 Feb 1976 in Jefferson Co., KY
> bur. Barbourville City Cem., Knox Co., KY
>
> m.1) 29 Jun 1901 in Whitley Co., KY to
> Thomas L. TYE b.1880 Whitley Co., KY & d. ??
[would like to know more abt. Tom Tye & what ever happened to him??]

> Their precious baby was:
> Reba TYE
> b. abt. 1902 in prob. Whitley Co., KY
> d. bet. 1905 & 1907
> @ the home of her grandparents John W. & Mahala Jane BLAKELY-MEADORS,
Whitley Co., KY
> She d. of "Summer Complaint" [we now know that this was Diarrhea & she
> probably d. of dehydration].
> Reba Tye is bur. @ New Zion Church Cem., Whitley Co., Ky & her grave is
> marked with a field stone, which was the custom, then.]

> Maude MEADORS
> m.2) 30 Jan 1907 in Campbell Co., TN to
> Andrew J. "Andy/Papaw" LAWSON
> b. 15 Aug 1886 in Saxton, Whitley Co., KY
> d. 14 Dec 1942 in Loyall, Harlan Co., KY
>
> Maude & Andy LAWSON moved to Loyall, Harlan Co.,KY abt. 1920's.

> Papaw Lawson worked for the L & N Railroad.
> He was a Switch Foreman & Yard Foreman & helped LOTS of people in
> his community.
> ["He was smart man" & "he helped solve cases for the RR workers."]
> 1916 he worked in Mining.
> 1923 he was a Railroad Conductor.

> My mom [Peggy Ann McDONALD/BOSTON/JOHNSON, 1935-1994] & cousin, > Bobby
Sue LAWSON-Threadgill related stories to me... that they were sooo
thrilled, as children, to wave at "Papaw" LAWSON as he passed in the
train. He was always in the caboose & waved @ his granchildren [& prob. ALL
children] when he passed by in the caboose.
[This was aft. 1937]

> Papaw Andy Lawson, also, collected herbs from the mountains & kept
> them in a gallon jar, called his "Herb Jar"...he "doctored" himself & his
> family with these herbs.
> Andy LAWSON is bur. @ Clear Fork Church Cem., Saxton, Whitley Co., KY >
near his parents & siblings.

> Didn't mean to write a book.
> Terri

--part1_67.e0821aa.278a07b3_boundary

Full-name: TBCTREE
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:45:21 EST
Subject: Re: MEADORS/LAWSON
To: ,

In a message dated 1/3/01 12:38:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> Anyway, I have some big news!! Ryan and Beth are going to have a baby!!
> This was a surprise to everyone concerned.....they hadn't planned to
> start a family until Ryan was finished with grad school, which isn't for
> another 2 years....but God had other plans and we're all real happy!!
> She hasn't been to the doctor yet, but we've calculated that the baby
> would be born around August 28.
>
> Could you send me some "family history" info?? Beth has a family
> heritage book that she wants me to help fill in. I need to know Mamaw's
> birthday and birthplace. I think I remember that it is March 6, but I
> don't remember the year. Also I need A.J.'s birthdate and birthplace.
> (Since I never new him, it sounds weird to call him papaw!!) I need their
> wedding anniversary, too. While you're at it, what was Mamaw's full
> name??
> I'm so glad that your mom and now , you, have done all this
history.....it's a blessing for all of us!!

> Hope to hear from you soon!!
> Love, Tempa

CONGRATULATIONS....."MAMAW"!!! <smile>
I'm so thrilled for all of you. What a delight!

I'm like you, God has a plan that we don't always understand @ the time, but
WOW what a blessing! Another little "Lawson/Meadors" running around.
Wouldn't Mamaw be proud!

Abt. the family history... I'd be glad to send a Family group sheet, etc. in
the mail to ya &/or Ryan & Beth, if they want.

Info abt. Mamaw Lawson:
Maude [no middle name, but family called her Maudie Bell, loving nickname, I
think].

Maude MEADORS [dau. of John & Mahala Jane BLAKELY-MEADORS]
b. 6 Mar 1887 in Mahan, Whitley Co., KY
d. 6 Feb 1976 in Jefferson Co., KY
bur. Barbourville City Cem., Knox Co., KY

m.1) 29 Jun 1901 in Whitley Co., KY to
Thomas L. TYE b.1880 Whitley Co., KY & d. ??
Family story says he was "mean to Mamaw"
[hit her & would go off for days/weeks & leave her & their baby without food]

Their precious baby was:
Reba TYE
b. abt. 1902 in prob. Whitley Co., KY
d. bet. 1905 & 1907
@ the home of her grandparents John W. & Mahala Jane BLAKELY-MEADORS, Whitley
Co., KY
She d. of "Summer Complaint" [we now know that this was Diarrhea & she
probably d. of dehydration].
Reba Tye is bur. @ New Zion Church Cem., Whitley Co., Ky & her grave is
marked with a field stone, which was the custom, then.]
[I only mention Tom TYE because of little Reba, she shouldn't be forgotten.]

Maude MEADORS
m.2) 30 Jan 1907 in Campbell Co., TN to
Andrew J. "Andy/Papaw" LAWSON
b. 15 Aug 1886 in Saxton, Whitley Co., KY
d. 14 Dec 1942 in Loyall, Harlan Co., KY

Maude & Andy LAWSON moved to Loyall, Harlan Co.,KY abt. 1920's.

Papaw Lawson worked for the L & N Railroad.
He was a Switch Foreman & Yard Foreman & helped LOTS of people in his
community, when they were low on money.
["He was smart man" & "he helped solve cases for the RR workers."]
1916 he worked in Mining.
1923 he was a Railroad Conductor.
My mom [Peggy Ann McDONALD/BOSTON/JOHNSON] & cousin, Bobby Sue
LAWSON-Threadgill related stories to me... that they were sooo thrilled, as
children, to wave at "Papaw" LAWSON as he passed in the train. He was always
in the caboose & waved @ his granchildren [& prob. ALL children] when he
passed by in the caboose. [This was aft. 1940]

Papaw Andy Lawson, also, collected herbs from the mountains & kept them in a
gallon jar, called his "Herb Jar"...he "doctored" himself & his family with
these herbs.
Andy LAWSON is bur. @ Clear Fork Church Cem., Saxton, Whitley Co., KY near
his parents & siblings.

Didn't mean to write a book.