NCCATAWB-L Archives

Archiver > NCCATAWB > 2009-11 > 1257972458

From: "" <>
Subject: [NCCATAWB] David Bolick of Catawba Co NC
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:47:38 -0000

Author: jcsaylor
Surnames: Bolick, Bost
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.northcarolina.counties.catawba/3515/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

My 3rd great grandmother was Percedia Bolick who married Leander Sidney Bost. Sidney, as he was known, fought in the civil war from Catawba(onto VA, PA, etc). Percedia, on the census was often written as Ceda. Her father was said to have been David Bolick, but I have not been able to find any "proof" for DAR or 1812. I don't know when he was born, but most likely early 1800s or late 1700s. Percedia had a sister or cousin named Louisa who married Marcus Sylvanius Bost. Around 1880 Sidney and Marcus moved to San Marcos Texas, so the Bolick girls graves are not in NC. Does anyone have a bible, or know of a will written by David with their names?
And, where was David buried?I think his wife's name was Elizabeth, although I don't know her maiden name. Any info will be appreciated. I'd like to complete my family tree for my sons. Thanks.

Important Note: