NCROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > NCROOTS > 2000-12 > 0976580416

From: "DMPringle" <>
Subject: [NCROOTS] ROPERS in NC
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:20:16 -0500

Meredith ROPER, b. ~1730, VA, came to NC at some point and md. an unknown
person by whom he had several children. He was in Rowan Co., NC by 1768.
He had the following children: David, Charles, Joshua, Aaron, Carrie,
Solomon, & Daniel.

Either the son David above or this David's son David was born 1799, NC. He
married Delilah (UNK), had at least 4 children who were b. NC also: James
(b.1822, Burke Co., NC), Sarah Frances (b.1826, NC), David (b.1829, NC) and
George W.(b.1831, NC). David and Delilah moved to Pickens Co. I don't know
for certain, but I do not believe that James moved to SC; I think he married
Elizabeth SHUPING and remained in NC.

These ROPERS were apparently in Rutherford Co., NC fr. 1790 until 1830-1840
when they migrated to Pickens Co., SC (was Old Pendleton Dist.). Meredith,
Charles, David, etc. were common names for this family.

I would love to find more info on Meredith, b.~1730. He is NOT the later
one who married Lucinda KEITH of Pickens Co., SC. That one was a nephew or
some other relative. Is David that married Delilah the son or grandson of
Meredith, b.~1730, VA, or is this David the son of another David (who md.
Sarah YATES/FRANCE?) who was the son of Meredith, b.~1730???

Thank you for any help. I have quite a bit of work on these ROPERS, KEITHS,
and many others. I will gladly exchange info! I appreciate your time!
Godspeed...
Dolores Miller Pringle

This thread: