NCROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > NCROOTS > 2000-12 > 0976665234

From: Libbie Griffin <>
Subject: [NCROOTS] Pioneers and Cavaliers
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:53:54 -0500

>>I understand there is a section of "Pioneers and Cavaliers" which talks
>>about Baptists in NC ca. 1750s - 1770s. In particular, the ministries of
>>the Revs. Hart, Washington, Walker, and Davis at Reedy Creek and Tar River.
>>I am most interested in learning the first name of this Rev. Hart. Does
>>anyone on the list have this book, and would be willing to do a look up for
>>me?

I just searched both the Library of Congress catalog and the North Carolina
state library catalog and do not find a book entitled "Pioneers and
Cavaliers" in either. However, there is a book that may be what you're
looking for:

"Pioneers and Preachers" by Robert W. Mondy, pub. 1980 by Nelson-Hall Co.,
Chicago. I've had good luck with the on-line used book sellers. You might
try finding it that way.

Libbie Griffin

This thread: