NMCHAVES-L Archives

Archiver > NMCHAVES > 2011-02 > 1297279661

From: <>
Subject: Re: [NMCHAVES] Live in Roswell?
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 11:27:41 -0800

Hi Anna,
Thanks so much for your reply. Another list member owns Roswell city directories and sent this data------

>From the 1930 Roswell NM city directory:
Mr. Eunice B Lewis (wife Dorothy) laborer, rooms at 405 S Lea avenue

>From the 1933-1934 Roswell City Directory:
Mr Eunice B Lewis (Dorothy) laborer, home 1012 N. Washington Avenue
Mrs Dorothy Lewis, housekeeper 106 N Kentucky Avenue. Home 2012 N
Washington
Avenue

>From the 1935-36 Roswell City Directory: Neither one of them are listed.
Anna, I have viewed the listing for South Park. E.B. is not listed but I wonder if he really is there but without a tombstone? I did check with Ballard funeral home and they have no listing. However, Dorothy married two more times and she is buried there under the name of Clark.
I am now wondering if Eunice B. actually died? Could they have divorced? If you should be at your courthouse, could you please check on this? Perhaps her marriage application to her next husband - Shorty Langley - might reveal if she was divorced or widowed.
Thank you for anything you might do to help me.