NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1997-11 > 0878865499

From: <>
Subject: Re: Moen, Dale and Flaten
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 19:36:00 LCL

Roberta wrote:
> > Hi Marilyn,
> > Unfortunately I don't have my St. Olaf directory here (we are in the
> process
> > of moving from Idaho to Seattle) so I can't look up Flaten. I do have
> the
> > bygdebok for Dale sokn and for Stamnes sokn, both in Vaksdal parish, -
> The
> > Stamnes one has a Mo farm. Give me some Dale and Mo first names,
> patryomics,
> > dates and mates, and I'll see if I find any matches...
> > Roberta ()

THANKS ROBERTA I AM LISTING BELOW SOME OF THE INFORMATION ON THE DALE - DAHLE AND MOEN FAMILIES.

DAHLE DESCENDENTS
First Generation
ÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑ

1. Elling Andersen Dahle. Born on 7 Aug 1826 in Vaag¿, Romsdalen Norge. Elling Andersen died in Rothsay MN on 9 Aug 1912; he was 86. Buried in Hamar Rothsay MN. Occupation: Farmer.

Came to America in 1888. Elling Andersen Dale #1606 27/7 1888 born in Vaag¿, resided in Vaag¿. Listed as Gaardmand.

Elling Andersen married Sigri Amundsd Smikop, daughter of Amund Amundsen Smikop & Mari Olsd Guttum. Born on 17 Apr 1822 in Fraenen, Gubrandsdalen Norge. Sigri Amundsd died in Rothsay MN on 8 Mar 1899; she was 76. Buried in Hamar Rothsay MN. Occupation: Housewife.

They had the following children:
2i.Anders Ellingsen (1851-)
3ii.Ane Martha
4iii.Christen (Christ) Ellingsen (1857-1924)
5iv.Maren Ellingsd (Aar¿naes) (1860-1941)
6v.Martha Ellingsd (1862-1941)
7vi.Margrete Ellingsdtr (1868-1965)

Second Generation
ÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑ

2. Anders Ellingsen Dale. Born in 1851 in Fraenen, Gubrandsdalen Norge.

Anders Ellingsen Dale, born 1851 in Fraenen, last resided in Fraenen, #1472 11/6 1886 emigrated on the Dominion L. Listed as Inderst. Traveled with wife Marie Pedersdatter Dale and children: Emma Andersdatter Dale born 1881, and Peter Andersen Dale born 1883, and Johan Dale born 1885.

Anders Ellingsen married Ellen Marie Pedersdatter. Born in 1856 in Bols¿e, Norway.

They had the following children:
i.Emma Andersd (1881-)
ii.Peter (1883-1912)
iii.Johan (1886-1908)
iv.Anna
v.Inga
vi.Ludwig
vii.Martinus
viii.Olaf
ix.Sarha

3. Ane Martha Dahle.

Ane Martha married Sivert Tungehaug.

They had the following children:
i.Karoline Johanne
ii.Dora

4. Christen (Christ) Ellingsen Bjorgen. Born in 1857 in Fraenen, Romsdalen, Norge. Christen (Christ) Ellingsen died in Rothsay MN on 10 Aug 1924; he was 67. Buried in Hamar Rothsay MN.

Christen Ellingsen Dahle later changed his last name to Bjorgen. Emigrated 30/6 1882. Born in Fraenen, Romsdalen. #2580 Emigrated on the Inmen Linie with his sister Martha Ellingsen Dahle. Lived in Throndhjem, Norge, was a sergeant there.

Christen (Christ) Ellingsen married Marit Bjorgen. Born in 1853. Marit died in Rothsay MN on 12 Apr 1930; she was 77.

They had the following children:
i.Anna
ii.Elias (1882-1941)
iii.Olga S.
iv.Olaf G. (1888-1967)
v.Alfred
vi.Magnus (1892-1979)
vii.Helga
viii.Dorthea

5. Maren Ellingsd (Aar¿naes) Dahle. Born in 1860 in Fraenen, Romsdalen, Norway. Maren Ellingsd (Aar¿naes) died in North Dakota in 1941; she was 81.

Maren Ellingsdatter (Aar¿naes) born 1860 #950 emigrated 28/8 1890 with husband Fredrick Johnson and foster daughter Marthine Hoff (Tillie).

In 1879 when Maren Ellingsd (Aar¿naes) was 19, she married Fredrick Johnson, in Norway. Born in 1848 in Bols¿, Norway. Fredrick died ? in North Dakota.

They had one child:
i.Marthine (Tillie) (Adopted) (1884-)

6. Martha Ellingsd Dahle. Born on 14 Sep 1862 in Fraenen, Romsdalen Norge. Martha Ellingsd died in Rothsay MN on 28 Aug 1941; she was 78. Buried in Hamar Rothsay MN. Occupation: Housewife. Education: Elementary.

Martha Ellingsd Dahle #2581 emigrated 30/6 1882 on the Inman Linie with her brother Christen Ellingsen Dahle. Billet's =prp. Listed as Tjenestepige.

On 30 Nov 1883 when Martha Ellingsd was 21, she married Ole Smikop Amundson, son of Amund (Smikop) Amundson & Ronnaug Jakobsd Huschelien, in Rothsay, MN. Born on 21 Jun 1862 in Vinstra Kvikne Norge. Ole Smikop died in Rothsay MN on 13 Feb 1930; he was 67. Buried in Hamar Rothsay MN. Occupation: Farmer. Education: Elementary.

They had the following children:
i.Annie Randine (1885-1967)
ii.Emil (1886-1962)
iii.Anton (1888-1968)
iv.Inga (1890-1970)

7. Margrete Ellingsdtr Dale. Born on 26 Jan 1868 in Vaag¿, Romsdalen, Norway. Margrete Ellingsdtr died in Rothsay MN on 12 Sep 1965; she was 97. Buried in Our Savior's Rothsay MN. Occupation: Housewife. Education: Elementary.

Magrethe Ellingsdtr Dale, born in Vaag¿, Norway. #1608 emigrated 27/7 1888 with her parents Elling Andersen Dale and Sigrid Ammundsdatter Dale.

Margrete Ellingsdtr married Andreas Knudson Aure. Born on 22 Dec 1861. Andreas Knudson died in Rothsay MN on 21 Jun 1939; he was 77. Buried in Our Savior's Rothsay MN.

They had the following children:
i.John Edwin (1892-1976)
ii.Albert (1894-~1993)
iii.Clara (1896-1981)
iv.Olga (1898-1994)
v.Anna Marie (1902-1990)
vi.Helma Mable (1904-1980)

MOEN DESCENDENTS:

First Generation
ÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑ

1. Engebret Eriksen Moen. Born on 6 Jan 1814 in Kolsrudmoen Flaa Hallingdal Norge. Engebret Eriksen died in Rothsay MN on 14 Feb 1876; he was 62. Buried in Hedemarken Cemetery Carlisle MN. Occupation: Farmer.

In 1870 Ingebr Eriksen Kolsrudmo, born 1/6/1819, age 51 and his kone Kari Johnsd, born 10/14/1816, age 50 and their son Levor, born 8/23/1858, age 8 left Nes, Norway for Janesville, MN on May 13, 1870 on the ship Sweden. Bill for de 3: Bet i USA.

Engebret Eriksen married Kari Johnsdatter, daughter of John, in Norge. Born on 14 Oct 1816 in Hallingdal Norge. Kari died in Rothsay MN on 5 Jan 1902; she was 85. Buried in Hedemarken Cemetery Carlisle MN.

They had the following children:
2i.Eric Engebretson (1839-1929)
3ii.Johan Engebretson (1841-1920)
4iii.Guri Engebretsd (Twin) (1845-1924)
5iv.Halvor Engebretson (Twin) (1845-1928)
6v.Engebret Engebretson (1851-1923)
7vi.Levor Engebretson (1858-1927)

Second Generation
ÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑ

2. Eric Engebretson Moen. Born on 3 Nov 1839 in Flaa Parish Hallingdal Norge. Eric Engebretson died in Rothsay MN on 23 Apr 1929; he was 89. Buried in Hedemarken Carlisle MN. Occupation: Farmer.

Eric Engebretson married Kari Helgesd Hestedokk, daughter of Helge Johnsen Kvie & J¿rand Reiersd (Kvie). Born on 17 Mar 1843. Kari Helgesd died in Rothsay MN on 3 Oct 1928; she was 85. Buried in Hedemarken Carlisle MN. Occupation: Housewife.

They had the following children:
i.Kari (1864-1943)
ii.Engebret (Albert) (1866-?)
iii.Jaarend (1869-1884)
iv.Helge (1870-1884)
v.Anna (1872-1884)
vi.Olene (1877-1902)
vii.Guri (1882-1883)

3. Johan Engebretson Moen. Born on 24 Dec 1841 in Kolsrudeie Hallingdal Norge. Johan Engebretson died in Rothsay MN on 21 Dec 1920; he was 78. Buried in Friborg Cemetery Rothsay MN. Occupation: Farmer.

Johan Engebretson first married Margit Tollefsd, daughter of Tollef Gunbj¿rnsen Ovieng. Born on 3 Jan 1843 in Kolsrudeie Hallingdal Norge. Margit died in Rothsay MN on 15 Sep 1879; she was 36. Buried in Hedemarken Cemetery Carlisle MN. Occupation: Housewife.

They had the following children:
i.Engebret (1869-1940)
ii.Sigrid Or Siri (1871-1940)
iii.Kari (Carrie) (1873-1934)
iv.Theodore (1875-1927)

Johan Engebretson second married Enger Karena Sigmundstad, daughter of Ola Knutson Sigmundstad & Britha O. Pedersdtr. Born in 1845. Enger Karena died in Rothsay, MN in 1905; she was 60. Buried in Friborg Cemetery Rothsay MN.

They had the following children:
i.Ole John (1881-1943)
ii.Annie (1884-1965)
iii.Martin (1882-1943)
iv.John Andrew (1890-1952)

4. Guri Engebretsd Moen. Born on 22 Aug 1845 in Flaa Parish Hallingdal Norge. Guri Engebretsd died in Erhard MN Otter Tail County on 6 Oct 1924; she was 79. Buried in South Immanuel Rothsay MN. Occupation: Housewife.

On 4 Aug 1874 when Guri Engebretsd was 28, she married Ole Helgeson, son of Helge Johnsen Kvie & J¿rand Reiersd (Kvie). Born on 24 Jan 1849 in Flaa, Hallingdal, Norway. Ole died in Erhard MN Otter Tail County on 7 Feb 1933; he was 84. Occupation: Farmer.

They had the following children:
i.Helge (Twin) (1874-1897)
ii.Karoline (Twin) (1874-1883)
iii.Engebret (1876-1883)
iv.J¿rgine (1877-1897)
v.Christian (1878-1960)
vi.Oline (1880-1961)
vii.Anne (1883-1883)
viii.Engebret O. (1884-1973)
ix.Anne (1886-1965)
x.Hilda Gurine (1888-1913)
xi.Ole (1890-1982)
xii.Olga (1893-1895)

5. Halvor Engebretson Moen. Born on 22 Aug 1845 in Flaa Parish Hallingdal Norge. Halvor Engebretson died in Rothsay MN on 13 Nov 1928; he was 83. Buried in South Immanuel Rothsay MN. Occupation: Farmer.

1867 Emigrated Halvor Ingebr. Tr¿stheim.

Moen was born in Flaa, Hallindal, Norway, on the 22, August, 1845. He traveled to America in the year 1867 and lived first north of Rochester, MN, where he stayed until 1873, when he traveled to Otter Tail County, where he homestead in the Town of Trondhjem. He lived here until his death.

In 1877 when Halvor Engebretson was 31, he married Dina Hanson, daughter of Nels Lauritz Hanson & Inger Dyresdatter Hjermstad. Born on 5 Jul 1856 in Haurdal, Norway. Dina died in South Immanuel Rothsay MN on 5 Dec 1935; she was 79. Occupation: Farmer.

They had the following children:
i.Caroline (1878-1963)
ii.Emil (1880-1958)
iii.Louie (1882-1956)
iv.Ole (1884-1962)
v.Ingvald (1886-1965)
vi.Hilda (1889-1960)
vii.Anna (1891-1978)
viii.Minnie (1894-1982)
ix.John (1896-1960)
x.Clara (1899-1994)

6. Engebret Engebretson Moen. Born in Oct 1851 in Flaa Parish Hallingdal Norge. Engebret Engebretson died in Rothsay MN in May 1923; he was 71. Buried in Hedemarken Carlisle MN. Occupation: Farmer.

abt 1881 when Engebret Engebretson was 29, he married Inga Hanson, daughter of Nels Lauritz Hanson & Inger Dyresdatter Hjermstad. Born on 8 Jan 1863 in Fillmore County, MN. Inga died in Rothsay, MN on 3 Nov 1914; she was 51. Buried in Hedemarken Carlisle MN.

They had the following children:
i.Albert Engebretson (1881-1884)
ii.Ida Louise (1885-1946)
iii.Albert (1887-1957)
iv.Ole (1889-1928)
v.Julia Helmine (1890-1959)
vi.Edwin Ingvold (1893-1948)
vii.Carl (1895-?)
viii.Adolph (1897-1956)

7. Levor Engebretson Moen. Born on 23 Aug 1858 in Flaa Parish Hallingdal Norge. Levor Engebretson died in Ulen MN on 19 Oct 1927; he was 69. Buried in Ulen Cemetery Ulen MN. Occupation: Farmer.

Levor immigrated at age eight with his parents.

Levor Engebretson married Helga Hanson, daughter of Nels Lauritz Hanson & Inger Dyresdatter Hjermstad. Born in 1860 in Fillmore County. Helga died in Ulen, Mn in 1937; she was 77.

They had the following children:
i.Eddie (1894-1995)
ii.Louie (1899-1972)
iii.Ida (1900-1991)