NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2000-03 > 0952152096

From: "Shirley E Thiel" <>
Subject: Re: Rudlang
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 00:41:36 -0600

You have enlightened me so much on the Rudland/Rudlang name. My gr
grandfather Ben Rudland married Christy (pronounced as Cheerstie) Bo then
came to the United States approximately in 1908 or 1909. Their daughter(my
grandmother) then married Martin Nordhagen Krogstad who came here around
1910 or 1911. When my grandfather came here he legally changed his name
from Nordhagen to Krogstad. My problem is finding any information about the
Rudland or Nordhagen name in Norway, dates and places of birth, what ship
they came on, or anything! I really hit a rock wall. However, just reading
the different listings is helping me to try to piece some things together.
If anyone would happen to have any extra info, I would so appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Shirley