NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2003-06 > 1055386706

From: "Molly Bergh" <>
Subject: Re: Smallpox vaccination and immigration abt 1882
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:00:19 +0800

When I was in Salt Lake City in 1985 I was told that Norway was the first
country to do smallpox vaccination. and on marriage records there was often
the date put on the record and as they had these at approximately at 18
months old it was a way of calculate their birth year.
If I am wrong I stand to be corrected.
Molly Bergh, Esperance, Western Australia..
http://www.wn.com.au/mollybergh/mytree