NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2007-05 > 1178059886

From: "Darlene Anderson" <>
Subject: [NOR] Lokken and Loken families from the Windom area,Cottonwood County and Jackson County, Minnesota
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 17:53:00 -0500

I just came across a cemetery book from the Dealfield Cemetery in Jackson CO

There are several Lokken or Loken's mentioned as follows. Hopes this helps
someone find some new leads.

I know a John Loken who presently lives in Windom. So I can ask him if you
want me check anything more out.

Lars Erickson Lokken 1821-1901
Ole Lokken 1869-1894

Lars is a son of Erick and Martha (olson) Larson and a brother of Anne
Erickson Larson Erpestad.1827-1907. Annie married Halvor Larson in Norway
and he died their. Anne and her son Micheal Erpestad homesteaded in Jackson
Co. (of interest to me is that Micheal Erpestad married Josephine Johnson ,
my husbands great great aunt.)

Lars married Gurine daughter of Eric and Kari Larson. She had a sister in
Norway. They had the following children, a son who died in infancy, Ole
Lokken 1869-1894 , a daughter Maria married to Ole Skillingstand of
Arlington, Washington and a son Eric Lokken 1873 to 1951

Andrew and Susie (hofland) Loken children and grand children listed below.

Cris A. Loken 1890-1968

Cris was the son of Andrew and Susie (hofland) Loken, and a brother of
Adina Lillegaaard, and Anna Krumwiede.
Cris married Emma (hofland) Loken 1885-1980 - They had no children

Anna L. (Loken) 1894-1971 daughter of Andrew and Susie (Hofland) Loken
married
Leonard H. Krumwiede 1894 to 1971. Children are Bernice (mrs. James
Amundson, Gladys (Mrs. Harlan Hanson), Louis, Roay and an son who died in
infancy.

Adina Loken 1886-1975
Married Jacob Anonsen Lillegaard 1977-1940 children Howard Lillegaard
1908-1980, single Anon R. Lillegaard 1915-1990 nickname Tony husband of
Mildred Hensley and had eight stepchildren.

Oscar Loken

Carrie Loken married Chris Olson

Sophie Loken married Etler Christenson,

Walter Loken

Theresa Loken married John Berg

??a Mrs Glen Purrington

Naomi Loken married Lawrence Purrington

William Loken. Hopes this help someone Darlene

This thread: