NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2007-05 > 1179636540

From: Ann Sunde <>
Subject: Re: [NOR] Kaker anyone?
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 21:49:00 -0700 (PDT)

heres a link to the recipe with photos. http://www.norway.org/food/recipes/worlds+best+cake.htm ann

Karla <> wrote: Hi Listies,

Has anyone onlist ever made a Kvæfjord cake. The
chef at the Norwegian embassy says it the worlds best.

I wonder about the directions. It says to spread
step one, on 14x17 baking pan. Then spread the
step 2 mmeringue on top. Bake.. Step 3 add
filling of whip cream and vanilla pudding. Let
the cake cool,cut in half,spread the filling on
top of one half. and cover with the other.

Now, does it mean, cut the complete cake open and spead the filling?
Or cut it in half and then place one half on top
of other half. The photo looks like its pretty
long, and that's why I'm guess it meant cut the
cake open, and spread the filling inside.

What do you think?
Karla,

--

Visit Norway List Website for photos,links,maps,more.
http://www.rootsweb.com/~norway/NorwayList.htm