NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2004-03 > 1079451461

From: "Judie Cook" <>
Subject: {SPAM?} RE: [Bklyn] SS-5
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:37:41 -0500

"

" The first Social Security card was issued 1 December 1936 and on 1
January 1937, U.S. workers began acquiring "credits" toward old-age
benefits. About 35 million numbers were assigned to workers who
qualified at that time."
The above quote came from http://www.rootsweb.com/~rwguide/lesson10.htm
which is a site full of information regarding social security and worth
checking out.
Judie