NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2005-03 > 1111018460

Subject: Remember
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:14:20 EST

On 3/16/05 (4:35:21 PM MST), Barbara () wrote,

" ... Horn and Hardart's (I loved putting my nickels into the slots and then
opening up the little doors)."

<> To see how Horn and Hardart operated rent the video or DVD, "That Touch of
Mink" with Cary Grant and Doris Day, Gig Young, Audrey Meadows, etc., etc."
Much of the action takes place in an automat.

<> To see the front side of a wall from Horn and Hardart, go to the 2nd
Avenue Deli (on 2nd Avenue and 10th Street) in Manhattan. One of the walls in the
lobby of the 2nd Avenue Deli has the face plates from Horn and Hardart.

Regards,

Walter Greenspan

This thread: