NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2010-10 > 1287552026

Subject: Re: [BKLYN] Agnes (Cook) Quinn - need help pleease.
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 01:20:26 -0400 (EDT)

Judy,

The first thing I thought of after reading that Agnes Cook(e)'s DC stated
that she emigrated to the US around 1858 (it's possible that not that all
the information on the DC is totally correct), is that the family might have
lived in Manhattan before living in Brooklyn, so I would check the NY
Emigrant Savings Bank records on Ancestry for her father's name, mother's name,
and her name (and any siblings names also). You could also branch out and
try her parent's siblings names, if you have them.

The NY Emigrant Savings Bank is where I found my 3G-grandfather's place of
birth in Ireland, and I am at his birthplace, writing to you right now!
So, hey, you never know. Good luck and I hope all is well.

Kathleen~Glengarriff, IRE
P.S. You might get better results by not using 'exact.'

ORIGINAL POSTINGS: Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:23:50 EDT

I am wondering if there is anybody on the list that found where their
ancestors came from in Ireland with the limited information that I have.

I need help to know where to search and need help in knowing how to think
outside the box because it`s beginning to seem hopeless.

Agnes died when she was 63, making her year of birth 1845.
According to her death certificate she was in the US for 50 years. This
means that she immigrated to the US at 13 years old in 1858. She was born
in
Ireland.

This thread: