NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2011-06 > 1308852829

Subject: [BKLYN] Brooklyn History Through Beer
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:13:49 EDT

History Through Beer
Thursday, June 23, 7:00-9:00 p.m.

The Brooklyn Historical Society (BHS), in conjunction Urban Oyster,
presents a lesson in history told through beer.

Join local beer guides David Naczycz and Cindy VandenBosch as they lead a
delicious beer tasting using present-day versions of historical beers to tell
the story of beer, its key role in our civilization and how, ultimately,
beer found its way to Brooklyn where it prospered, fell, and now is prospering
again.

The tasting will include six generous tastings of beer along with delicious
food pairings of cured meats and cheeses.

Through these tastings, we-ll get a sense of how everyone, from ancient
Mesopotamians, to Belgian monks, to our Brooklyn grandfathers, drank their beer
and how all of our lives are different today because of beer.

Advance ticket purchase recommended.

Tickets: $40 BHS members/$45 non-members.

</HTML>

This thread: