NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2011-12 > 1323088048

Subject: [BKLYN] 1875 Kings Co. Census records
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 07:27:28 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

I am getting close to the halfway mark, while perusing the 1875 State
Census records for Kings Co I have been trying to also use the Ward
indexes but can get thoroughly confused. The earliest address that I
have for my ancestor, Samuel Rawlins, is in the 500 block of Fulton St.
This, however, was in 1876/77. My ancestor moved around a lot. He also
traveled in and out of the country for several years. I do know that by
1875, he was living with wife Maria and two small daughters. They would
have been in town, even if he wasn't . I wonder how an online index is
progressing? I get nervous that I may miss something by accident or
misunderstand one of the census taker's handwriting.

Thanks to all. I am still soooo happy that I search these records from
home!

Bev W

This thread: