NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2011-12 > 1323631379

From: Kim Hawkins <>
Subject: [BKLYN] Frank Murphy and Dorothy Dwyer
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 11:22:59 -0800 (PST)

I have been searching for info on Dorothy Dwyer b. April 9, 1906 in Brooklyn, NY. She is the daughter of James Dwyer and dorothea Easterby. I found another researcher on Ancestry.com who has a dorothy dwyer with the same birthdate married to a Frank Murphy...this person on Ancestry hasnt answered any of the messages I sent her. I found a Frank Murphy with a wife Dorothy on the 1930 census and Im pretty sure its my dorothy..her mother was born in Denmark. The 1930 Census has them having a child named Frank. It looks like his age is either 10 months or 1 month. The ancestry researcher has a child for them named Patrick. I have been on the IGG website looking for a marriage cert and ordered 2 that I thought might be my Frank but they were the wrong marriage certs. Can anyone help me find a marriage cert number for Frank Murphy and Dorothy Dwyer. They were married between 1920 and 1930...Im guessing closer to 1930. SS death index has a Frank born
September 2, 1904 and died Feb. 1981 which matches the info from the ancestry researcher. I found a SS death index for a dorothy Murphy born April 9, 1906 and died December 1988 in Jamaica, Queens, NY. ...ancestry researchers death date is December 23, 1986. Im sure this is my Dorothy but I want to find a marriage cert for absolute proof...does anyone know where else I can find a cert number? Thanks.
Kim

This thread: