Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2011-12 > 1323880572

Subject: Re: [BKLYN] [NY-IRISH] Lost Irishman James McGann
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:36:12 -0500 (EST)

Hello Jack,

Would you please provide us with details to view the two census records,
1860 & 1870?

I searched for your James through Heritage Quest for 1860, but he does not
appear with the McGANN surname transcribed as spelled.
How do I get there, and how do I view the wife in 1870?

Metro NYC Researcher

> James McGann born Ireland 1826 or 1833 came to Westchester County in 1853
> and married Mary Carr McGann. They had two children Annie and Thomas. We
> found Mary and the children in the 1870 Brooklyn census and she listed
> herself as a widow.

This thread: