Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2011-12 > 1323971448

Subject: Re: [BKLYN] Lost James McGANN Hub. of Mary CARR
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:50:48 -0500 (EST)

Another great idea "jarm!"

I don't know if Jack McGann is on these lists, which is why I spread the

Two points. I recall Jack telling me he searched for James
on the 1865 New York State Census for Brooklyn, page by page, for several
He also followed every Civil War soldier to the end.

TO ALL: Jack has been "at this" search for his James McGANN for over 7
James=born IRE @ 1833, married and fathered in Verplanck, NY, moved to
Village of Sing Sing NY, and on 1860 census. In 1870, wife Mary McGANN need
is widow with Annie and Thomas in Brooklyn.

If you like a challenge, or can offer NEW EYES to this quest, or are just
plain kind hearted and want to help, please contact Jack directly at the CC
address above.

I'll call this one "Scarlett's 1st Memorial Find."

> If your ancestor was in the Civil War, how about trying the 1865 NY
> State
> Census... This census is not available for Westchester, but it is
> available
> for Kings Co. This census was to include the names of residents who
> were in
> the Army or navy, but were absent. Unfortuanely, there is no index.

This thread: