NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2011-12 > 1324784056

Subject: Re: [BKLYN] death certificates 1860s
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 22:34:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi Lisa,

I have a David CLARK/E in my family. Father born in Ireland;David born
Manhattan NYC. There are 3 married CLARK/E brothers from County Cavan, all in
the shoe business, all with children. I have to check just which family my
David belongs to.

David is not a common given name amoung Irish. Even if we are not
connected, you know how the Irish named their children after sibs, parents, and
aunts and uncles. So, they may be some distant connection.

Do you have the DC for your David, or know his heritage?

Merry Christmas,
Barb

writes:

> A member of my CLARKE family appears in the 1860 census but not in 1870.
> My guess is he died before reaching adulthood, sometime in the 1860s, in
> Brooklyn. How can I find out? His name was David Clarke (or Clark) and
> he was born about 1851.
>
> Suggestions & advice would be most gratefully received!
>
> Thank you.
>
> Lisa T

This thread: