NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2011-12 > 1324848199

From: Lisa Tuttle <>
Subject: Re: [BKLYN] Death Certificates 1860s
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 21:23:19 +0000

I have searched in vain for any mention of death of my David Clarke in any
NY papers I can find online (not just fultonhistory and Brooklyn Eagle but
also Chronicling America); I have found some references to the John
Clarke/Clark I believe was his father; he and/or his wife Rebecca had a dry
goods shop/ fancy goods shop on Grand Street E.D. She is listed as the
shop-keeper in city directories of the time (1860s) but when there was a
fire and when there was a theft, John Clarke is named as the owner.

Would it do me any good to write and request a search for a death
certificate over several years? How expensive would that be?

Lisa T

This thread: