OH-FOOTSTEPS-L Archives

Archiver > OH-FOOTSTEPS > 1999-10 > 0939275045

From: <>
Subject: LETTER: Dickey, 1899, Ross Co
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 01:44:05 EDT

I came across a letter about 10 years back that was being sold for the
cancellation mark on the envelope, but the letter called out to me in a very
special way. I knew someday I would be able to reunite this letter with
relatives and now with the internet, I am trying to find these relatives.

I have a letter with a postmark of June 8, 1899 - Detroit, Michigan (address
inside as 323 Hubbard (?) Avenue) addressed to Miss Molette (sp??) Dickey in
South Salem, Ross County, Ohio. The letter inside is from Wilbur (no last
name) and is addressed to "my darling sweetheart" in which Wilbur writes to
his bride-to-be about their upcoming marriage (no date).

It is a beautiful letter and I would love to reunite it with decendents of
these people.

Any inquiries (including sending/e-mailing you copies of the letter) are
welcome...

Carrie Beth Swisher

This thread: