OH-FOOTSTEPS-L Archives

Archiver > OH-FOOTSTEPS > 1999-10 > 0939431669

From: "Maggie Stewart" <>
Subject: Fw: cemetery graves in Greene Co.
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 21:14:29 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 1999 2:33 PM

RE: Aley Cemetery (Aley United Methodist Church)
Beavercreek, OH
Greene Co., OH

This is information I have given to a few surname groups, etc. Please
extract whatever you think is useful:

I was walking through my church cemetery (Aley United Methodist Church in
Beavercreek, Greene Co, OH) and noticed several really old graves.

--------------near the new church parking lot-----------------
Oliver P. Moler
born Jan 11 1831
died Mar 01 1891
Aged 60 yr 1mo 17dy

Elizabeth Moler, wife of Oliver Moler
born Jul 04 1832
died Oct 28 1886
Aged 54yr 3mo 2dy

Our Father, __ Moler
born __
died 18(84?)

Silva P., daughter of O & E Moler
died Sep __ 1873
Aged 5mo 7dy

Franklin F., son of O & E Moler
died ____broken there and repaired, but not readable
Aged 18yr 4mo

--------------very worn stones, hidden in overgrowth near old
church-----------------

Cardlir_in_iani, daughter of J&S Moler
died 18(55?)
Aged __mo __dy

Francis O.H., son of J&S Moler
died Sep 12 1857
Aged 7mo 23 dy

Genobabelle, daughter of Jacob and Susannah Moler
died Mar 12 1856
Aged 1 yr __mo __dy

Alberto H. Tritz
died Aug 7 1855
Aged 11mo __dy

Then 5 more broken tombstones similar to Alberto's

--------------next to several ALEY tombstones-----------------

Rosanah B., daughter of ___ Moler
died ____
aged 28_______
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
-------
Robert Linsey

Elizabeth Linsey
born 1793
died 1825
I also recall a grave of John BENDER that said "born in Berks Co, Pa." By
his death date, he was born before 1800, around 177? or 179? I didn't write
down the information (I had a small child with me), but will if someone is
interested. There were other BENDER graves too.

Other family names that appeared to be positioned near BENDER (and of the
same time period) included MOLER, SNYPP, REID, MILLER and ALEY.

This thread: