OH-FOOTSTEPS-L Archives

Archiver > OH-FOOTSTEPS > 1999-10 > 0939451137

From: "Maggie Stewart" <>
Subject: BIO: ALMASHY, Perry County
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 02:38:57 -0400

This is an excellent example of a family biography. Maggie
=================

BIOGRAPHY OF THE ALMASHY FAMILY OF PERRY COUNTY OHIO

I have been working on my family ancestry for a few months and have
found that you have sites under Perry county that have provisions for
Putting
in an entry for anyone of interest from there. My great grand father came
from Hungary in 1884 and settled in Saltlick Twp. in Perry county. Most of
the family still lives in various locations in Ohio. I thought I would send
some Information that I have and let you determine if it's worthy of a place
in the site. If you need something different than what I have sent , let me
know . Thanks for providing me with great information.

1 Andrew Almashy and 1 Elizabeth Andrews Almashy
*1859-1929 *1861- 1952

2 Andy * 2 Elizabeth 2 Michael
2x Julia Sippos 2x Peter Titko 2x Ida Mae Dearing

3 Andy-Mary
3 Helen"Lena"-Joe Fuleki
3 Katherine - John Henry Conley
3 John-Francis div. John married-Dorothy
3 Isabel- Gasper
3 Helen Marie- Elsworth McCoy
3 Elizabeth- William Ruble
3 Elmer
3 Thomas - Althea
3 William-Dorothy
3 Peter Jr.
3 Harold Leo- Virginia L.Custer
3 Margret- Harry Blotzer
3 Albert
3 Paul Vincent-Helen divorced Paul married Vonnie
3 Jim- Steffie
3 Albert ( Died @4 Yrears old )

* Born In Buda, Hungary (Budapest)

Andrew Almashy came to America in 1884 Filed his Intentions to become a
Citizen in 1897 Went back to Hungary after saving up some money and brought
back his wife and son Andy.

Also a brother in law Andy Andrews and his mother.

The Almashy's had two more children Elizabeth, And Michael. After a
time of coal mining he saved enough to lease land from the Ohio
coaleries and later bought nearly 50 acres of land in several diferent
deals and farmed and raised his family. Before his death Most all the
land was sold to a Herman Stickdorn of Hemlock. The homeplace was
located in Saltlick Township in Perry County, in Hemlock, Ohio. The
land was formerly owned by a Springer Family , whose name is on the
cemetary near their land where they are now buried.

Of the three children: Andy Almashy resided in Martins Fairy , Ohio ;
Elizabeth Almashy Titko lived in the Corning,Perry Co. ,Ohio area ; and
Michael lived in the town of Buchtel, Athens Co., Ohio.

I am still trying to locate the names of parents and exact birth
place of Andrew and Elizabeth Andrews Almashy. If anyone has this
information through family word of mouth or a family Bible or Diary,
Then I would like to hear from them soon. Thanks !!

Danny Almashy ( Grandson of Michael Almashy )
<>
145 Debbie Lane
Danville, Va.24540

This thread: