OH-FOOTSTEPS-L Archives

Archiver > OH-FOOTSTEPS > 1999-10 > 0939637907

From: "Maggie Stewart" <>
Subject: The Castigator, Georgetown Ohio, 1837
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 06:31:47 -0400

Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 09:17:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jan Gillespie <
Subject: KFY: 1837 The Castigator

Posted Originally by Marilyn Schmidt
Forwarded by Jan

Subject: 1837 The Castigator
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 18:22:48 PDT

The Castigator & Democratic Expositor, Georgetown,
Ohio, 4 Jan 1837

List of Letters remaining in the Post Office at
Russelville, Ohio on the
31st of December 1836, which, if not taken out
within three months, will be
sent to the General Post Office as dead letters.

B...Rev Richard BIBB, Sen.
C...D. Volentine CARBERRY, Elen COWEN
F...Isaac FISHER
H...John HIMILLER, Charles HAMILTON, Gemina HANDLEY,
William HENRY
P...Saraham PICKERELL

Robert D. TOMB, Postmaster

The Castigator & Democratic Expositor, Georgetown,
Ohio, 4 Jan 1837

List of Letters remaining in the Post Office at
Ripley, Ohio on the first
day of January 1837, which, if not taken out within
three months, will be
sent to the General Post Office as dead letters.

A...George ANDERSON, G. W. ANDERSON
B...John BEATY, Jesse BRIDGES, William BOLENDER,
Robert BEATY,
John BARTLEY, John BEAR, Geo. R. BLESS, Henry
BROWN,
John BRADFORD
C...Robert CARR, Mrs. (widow) COYLE, Erastus CURTUS,
Joseph N.
CAMPBELL, Esq., John CREAKBAUM, Oliver COCHRAN
D...James K. DAUGHERTY, Jacob (Minister) DIXON,
Samuel T.
DAVIDSON
E...Samuel J. EVANS, Mrs. Hariet EWING,
F...Mrs. Mary FOOTE, Samuel FITCH, Jediah FOSTER,
James R.
FORSYTHE, James FARLESS
G...Freeborn G. GOULDSBERRY, Zachariah or Charlotte
GREEN,
Stephen GRAHAM
H...James HASTINGS, T. & J. HOPKIINS, Henry C.
HENRY, William
T. HELM, Joseph HODGMAN
J...Richard JOHNSON
K...B. KNAP
L...John LAIN, Alexr. B. LIGET, Mrs. Jane LITTLE
M...Thomas M'CAQUE, Thomas MYRES, Alexander MEHARRY,
A. R. M'QUIN, Thomas MAYNARD
N...Mrs. Jane NELSON
P...Armsted PURNELL, Chs PEARSON or Oliver COCHRAN
R...James RICY, Mrs. Catharine REYNOLDS, Geo. RICE
S...Charles STEPHENSON, David and his wife Mary
SMITH,
John Snedeker
W...Frederick WILEY, Uriah WARNER, Gilbert WRIGHT,
A. N. WYLIE,
William A. WILLIAMSON

R. J. BENNETT, Postmaster, Ripley, Jan 1, 1837.

The Castigator & Democratic Expositor, Georgetown,
Ohio, 4 Jan 1837

Married on the 13th ultimo by Peter L. WILSON, Esq.,
Mr. Joshua HODGKINS to Miss Catharine WOODS,
daughter
of Mr. Nathaniel WOODS, all of this county.

On the 15th ultimo, by Ch. F. CAMPBELL, Esq.,
Mr. George W. POTTES to Miss Jane MITCHELL

On the 1st ultimo, by James J. SMITH, Esq.,
Mr. Henry WARDLOW to Miss Mary L. PURDUM

On the 1st ultimo, by John BEASLEY, Esq.,
Mr. Michael SHINGLE to Miss Sally Anne GARDNER.

The Castigator & Democratic Expositor, Georgetown,
Ohio, 4 Jan 1837

An Estray Horse. We the undersigned being called
upon to view and appraise a stray horse taken up by James GLAZE,
do find the same to be a bay with black mane and tail and
legs, with some white hairs on his forehead and a lump on his
back with some white hairs on it; upwards of 15 1/2 hands
high; supposed to be five years old last spring. Appraised to $65
by John MCCLELLAN & Thomas SHREVE, Appraisers.

December 28, 1836. The State of Ohio, Brown County.
I do hereby certify that the above is a true copy
from my estray book. William BROWN, Justice of the Peace.
Dec 29, 1836