OH-FOOTSTEPS-L Archives

Archiver > OH-FOOTSTEPS > 1999-10 > 0940251835

From: Vicki or Tricia Breeze <>
Subject: Resolutions of Respect for Thomas North - Darke County
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:03:55 -0400

News Article regarding Thomas Jefferson North
>From an unknown Darke Co., Ohio newspaper after 7/13/1909

Resolutions of Respect

Whereas, Death has claimed our comrade, Thomas J. North, who nobly
served his country during the war of 1861 to 1865, having served for a
period of four years in the 61st O.V.I. and 82nd O.V.I.; therefore, be
it

Resolved, That by the death of Comrade North, Jobes Post has lost a
worthy comrade, the family has lost a kind father and husband and the
community a good friend and neighbor.

Resolved, That this Post extend to the family of our late comrade our
sympathy in their sorrowing moments.

Resolved, That the members of our Post attend the funeral in a body.

Resolved, That a chair in the Post Hall be draped for a period of thirty
days and that these resolutions be entered upon tha Post records and
that a copy be furnished the family of our late comrade; also that the
daily papers of the city be requested to publish the same.

James McNeal
J.W. Laurimore
R.A. Shuffleton
committee.