OH-FOOTSTEPS-L Archives

Archiver > OH-FOOTSTEPS > 1999-10 > 0940263823

From: Vicki or Tricia Breeze <>
Subject: Resolution of Respect for Philip Boltin
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:23:43 -0400

Resolution of Respect for Philip Boltin
Greenville Democrat, May 8, 1878

In Memoriam

Stillwater Grange, No. 457, Darke Co., O., April 30, '78

Whereas, It has pleased our Divine Master to call from our midst our
beloved Brother, Philip Bolton, who died April 25th, 1878, in the 44th
year of his age. Therefore be it

Resolved, That in the death of our Brother the Grange has lost a worthy
member, the family a kind husband and affectionate father, and society a
cheerful companion.

Resolved, That we, the members of Stillwater Grange, tender to the
bereaved family our heartfelt sympathies, and that we commend them to
our Heavenly Father who alone is able to sustain them under every
affliction.

Resolved, That while we deeply mourn the loss of our Brother, we may
still perpetuate his memory, patiently awaiting the time when our
spirits, too, may cast anchor on the sunny banks of eternal bliss, where
fields are ever verdant and the flowers never fade.

Resolved, That we drape our charter in mourning for thirty days, and
that these resolutions be spread upon the minutes of the Grange; also
copies be furnished the county papers for publication, and that a copy
be furnished the bereaved family.

A. Brandon
G. C. Siegment
F. Mowen