OH-FOOTSTEPS-L Archives

Archiver > OH-FOOTSTEPS > 1999-10 > 0940356743

From: "Maggie Stewart" <>
Subject: Fw: ALEY Church Cemetery...old graves in Greene Co, OH
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:12:23 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 7:57 AM

I have additional information to add to what I sent you previously. At the
bottom of my original message, I briefly mentioned BENDER tombstones. I
have
since been contacted and gathered additional information regarding BENDER
(I
replaced the last 2 paragraphs. I would appreciate if you would update my
submission to include this information. Thank you very much.

Kathi Corl Browne

RE: Aley Cemetery (Aley United Methodist Church)
Beavercreek, OH
Greene Co., OH

This is information I have given to a few surname groups, etc. Please
extract whatever you think is useful:

I was walking through my church cemetery (Aley United Methodist Church in
Beavercreek, Greene Co, OH) and noticed several really old graves.

--------------near the new church parking lot-----------------
Oliver P. Moler
born Jan 11 1831
died Mar 01 1891
Aged 60 yr 1mo 17dy

Elizabeth Moler, wife of Oliver Moler
born Jul 04 1832
died Oct 28 1886
Aged 54yr 3mo 2dy

Our Father, __ Moler
born __
died 18(84?)

Silva P., daughter of O & E Moler
died Sep __ 1873
Aged 5mo 7dy

Franklin F., son of O & E Moler
died ____broken there and repaired, but not readable
Aged 18yr 4mo

--------------very worn stones, hidden in overgrowth near old
church-----------------

Cardlir_in_iani, daughter of J&S Moler
died 18(55?)
Aged __mo __dy

Francis O.H., son of J&S Moler
died Sep 12 1857
Aged 7mo 23 dy

Genobabelle, daughter of Jacob and Susannah Moler
died Mar 12 1856
Aged 1 yr __mo __dy

Alberto H. Tritz
died Aug 7 1855
Aged 11mo __dy

Then 5 more broken tombstones similar to Alberto's

--------------next to several ALEY tombstones-----------------

Rosanah B., daughter of ___ Moler
died ____
aged 28_______

28_______------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------
--
Robert Linsey
died Jul 17 1819

Elizabeth Linsey
born 1793
died 1825

--------------next to several MILLER, SNYPP, REID
tombstones-----------------

JOHN BENDER
Born in Berks Co, PA Oct 13 1794
Died Oct 20 1849
Aged 55yrs-7dys

ISAAC
son of J & B Bender
Died Nov 23 1819
Aged 3yrs-4ms-15dys

JOHN
son of J & B Bender
Died Dec 7 1849
Aged 1yr-7ms-21dys

SAMUEL
son of John & Barbara Bender
Died Apr 27 1851
Aged 1yr-1mo-17dys

ELIZABETH
dau of John & Barbara Bender
Died Nov 26 1849
Aged 5yrs-7dys

(I could not find Barbara's stone, but it may be broken off somewhere).

This thread: